Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

8.16.2014

Oven-baked Ribs

After university, I worked at various jobs in sales and marketing. I enjoyed the work but wanted a change. So I went back to school to get my accounting designation. I started the program shortly after my husband and I got married, and soon, my evenings and weekends were occupied with assignments and exams while I worked during the weekday. As newlyweds, my husband was very supportive and helped out whenever he could; cooking dinner on weekends and picking me up from the library after a long day of studying.

After one of my all-day study sessions, my husband surprised me with these saucy fall-off-the-bone ribs. It was delicious and of course, this recipe came from my mother-in-law.

Fast forward a couple years later, while visiting my mother-in-law, she made these oven-baked ribs. It was even better than my husbands' version since her sauce was caramelized and sticky. I shamelessly went back for a second helping of ribs, then a third. Oops.

So go surprise someone you love with these delicious ribs. I'm sure you will put a smile on their face when they sink their teeth into these succulent ribs.

Oven-baked ribs with steamed baby bok choy and brown rice


Ingredients
3 to 3-1/2 lb pork ribs
Water

BBQ Sauce

Directions
1. In a large stock pot, add ribs and fill with enough cold water to cover.

2. Bring to a boil on high heat, skimming the scum occasionally.

3. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil for 1.5 hours.

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

5. Place ribs on a baking pan and discard broth.

The meat should be tender but not falling apart.

6. Pour sauce over ribs.

Cover every last inch of ribs with the sauce.

7. Cover pan with aluminum foil and baked covered for 30 minutes.

8. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake uncovered for 40 minutes.

Bake uncovered for another 40 minutes. No peeking!

9. Serve with the carbs and veggies of your choice. I served the ribs with steamed baby bok choy and brown rice.

Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment