Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

2.22.2015

Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

When I started this blog 200 days ago, I never imagined that I would enjoy blogging as much as I do now. Not only has writing a blog post every day helped me document family recipes, it has also helped me discover new friends and new recipes.

So, to celebrate my 200th post, I am posting this delicious Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Mushroom recipe. This recipe really does not need any up-sell: bacon and cheese stuffed into a mushrooms, how can anyone not like it? This recipe will definitely be part of any future celebration I am hosting!


Ingredients
12 whole fresh mushrooms, cleaned and patted dry
2 slices of bacon, cooked and finely chopped (try this 3 minute recipe)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Lightly coat a baking dish with oil or line a baking sheet with cooking spray.


3. Carefully break off the mushroom stems and finely chop.


4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and mushroom stems until it is soft. Set aside to allow the mixture to cool before proceeding to the next step.


5. Stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and onion powder once the mushroom mixture has cooled down.


6. Use a small teaspoon to fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.


7. Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are piping hot and the mixture is bubbly.



Source: Slightly adapted from Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment