Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

4.16.2015

Oven Baked Parsnip Fries

A couple of weeks ago, I came across parsnips while shopping at Sunrise Market. At $0.19 a pound, I was curious enough to buy a few parsnips to make parsnip fries.

I have had parsnip at various restaurants before, but I have never made them at home. As I was peeling the parsnips, I realized how similar parsnips and carrots are, in terms of smell, texture and looks.

I served my parsnip fries as a side to homemade salmon burgers. To quote Tony the Tiger, they are "grrrr-reat!"


Ingredients
2-1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 3 x 1/2" sticks
1/2 tbsp dried rosemary (or 1 tbsp fresh)
1 large garlic clove, finely minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin powder
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

2. Toss parsnips, rosemary, garlic and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.


3. Spread out the parsnip in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.


4. Bake for 10 minutes and flip the parsnip to cook the other side. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of ground cumin and toss to coat.


Source: Slightly adapted from Epicurious

No comments:

Post a Comment