Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

11.07.2014

Banana Pancakes

I consider myself a Top 40s type of girl. When my friend L told me about Jack Johnson, I was baffled that I had never heard of him.

Since being introduced to Jack Johnson's music many moons ago, one of my favorite songs of his is "Banana Pancakes" which coincidentally is also one of my favorite foods for breakfast.

This recipe for banana pancakes comes from my Sister-In-Law who makes these incredibly delicious banana pancakes. She cooks the banana pancakes in her Nordic Ware Bug Pancake Pan. The 5 year old child in me loves the bug shaped banana pancakes and eating bug shaped banana pancakes always made me quite happy. Ironic for someone who is squeamish around bugs.

On that note, I want to wish everyone a Happy Friday! Now go make some banana pancakes to celebrate TGIF (Thank Goodness It's Friday)!

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed

Directions
1. In a bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt.


2. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.


3. Stir flour mixture into the banana mixture; mix until the batter is smooth.


4. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.

Flip the pancake over when it bubbles.

5. Cook until the pancakes are golden brown on both sides, serve hot with butter and syrup.


Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment