Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

11.01.2014

Bold and Tasty BBQ Sauce

One of the goals of starting this blog was to try new recipes that are friendly for my nut-allergic little man. I am known to stick to tried and true recipes when I am busy. However, now that I am cooking more at home, it means that I need to try to get outside of my comfort zone in order to have a variety of different foods.

When I am in a rush, I like using bottled BBQ sauce. However, making your own BBQ sauce can be just as quick. This BBQ sauce is definitely bold and tasty. Good news is that it received great reviews from my husband and my little man (who happily ate the sauce but not the pork). Sigh!

Makes: 1 cup

Ingredients
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, mix all the ingredients together and bring to a boil.


2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon.


For Basting
Allow the BBQ sauce to cool before brush on meat.

For Pulled Pork
Makes enough sauce for 1 lb of pulled pork.


Source: Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment