Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

4.06.2015

Addictive Sweet Onion Dip

My awesome Sister-In-Law invited us over for Easter dinner. We feel quite blessed to live close to her as she makes delicious nut-free food. As a food allergy mom who cooks from scratch 7 days a week, this is one of the few ways that I get a break from the kitchen.

As a family, we love our dips. I know my Sister-In-Law loves dips since she always serves a hot baked dip at all her parties. The most famous and requested dip of them all is my Sister-In-Law's famous Hot Artichoke Dip.

Since I am bringing a dip to my Sister-In-Law's, it would be silly to make a hot artichoke dip. Especially since she is the expert!

Then I recalled reading about an onion dip by White On Rice Couple. I have been following their blog for a few years now and love reading about their incredible garden farm where they produce "bountiful" fresh fruits and vegetables. The fact that they are good friends with my favorite blogger in the whole wide world (Jen Yu of Use Real Butter) gives them a lot of credit in my books. This dip sounds like it would be the perfect thing to bring to my Sister-In-Law's.

This is one addictive dip: hot and creamy with a mild flavor of sweet caramelized onions. My Sister-In-Law kept telling me how good the dip is and judging by the near empty bowl, everyone else seemed to like it too.

If you want people to invite you over for dinner, make this Sweet Onion Dip. And if you want people to love you, bring the Hot Artichoke Dip too!



Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's/Best Foods brand)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup diced onion
1 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In an oven safe bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, onion and black pepper together until it is fully combined.


3. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until the crust is golden brown to dark brown. Serve with the carb of your choice or crudités platter. 

Source: White On Rice Couple

No comments:

Post a Comment