Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

1.18.2015

Easy Parmesan Crusted Sole Fillets

Sometimes even with the best intentions, dinner plans go awry. Such was the case when I had planned to make Salmon Teriyaki but the salmon I took out from the freezer was still frozen. I had half hour until dinner time and was racking my brain for quick dinner ideas.

I had individually packaged sole fillets in my freezer which needed to be used up. Then it came to me, baked Parmesan Crusted Sole Fillets. Since they are individually frozen, it took only 10 minutes for them to thaw in cold water.

This idea is a spinoff from my favorite go-to meal, Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Instead of the mayonnaise that is used in the Parmesan Crusted Chicken, I used cream of mushroom soup. This is a meal ready in under 20 minutes and great for those nights when dinner plans go awry.


Ingredients
7 sole fillets
1-1/2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup breadcrumbs (or 1 cup of seasoned croutons, ground coarsely)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a 9 x 12" glass baking pan, spread a thin layer of cream of mushroom soup.


3. Arrange sole fillets in a single layer.


4. Spread the remaining cream of mushroom soup over the fish. Top with Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.


5. Bake 15 minutes for every half inch of thickness, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.


Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment