Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

1.07.2015

Garlic Butter Prawns (Shrimp)

Last night while digging through my deep freezer for chicken breasts to make Hellman's Parmesan Crusted Chicken, I saw a package of tiger prawns my Mother-In-Law gave me a while back. It is incredible that I did not use them up already since 1) we love shrimp/prawns 2) they are expensive and it is not something you want to waste 3) it is the quickest protein you can cook (other than tofu).

I had initially planned to make my Shrimp with Broccoli stir fry. Then I recalled making garlic butter shrimp for our friends who were over recently and received compliments from them. So I changed course and made garlic butter prawns for dinner, served over rice (to soak up all the yummy sauce) with a side of steamed broccoli.


I added a nice generous squeeze of lemon juice to cut through the rich and delicious garlic butter sauce. It was a great addition which lightened up the sauce and it was so good that I licked my plate clean. Six days into the new year and I have already lost my resolve to eat healthier. More butter please!

But you know what? It was sooooo worth it! So go make this delicious garlic butter prawns today and go back to eating healthier tomorrow.


Ingredients
5 tbsp unsalted butter
12 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped (you can use less or more)
1-1/2 lb peeled prawns or shrimp
1/4 large lemon

Directions
1. In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt butter.


2. Once the butter has melted, add garlic and saute until the garlic is fragrant.


3. Turn up the heat to medium-high and add the peeled prawns or shrimp. Toss in garlic butter until the prawns or shrimp is pink and cooked through. Add in the lemon juice.


4. Serve over rice, pasta or with a side of bread to soak up all that yummy sauce.


Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment