Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

1.01.2015

New Year Resolutions

2014 ended off in the tamest manner possible. If you read my post from yesterday, I wrote about how we ended 2013 with a bang and my wish for a quiet way to celebrate the end of 2014.

Luckily, my wish came true. We had a nice and relaxing New Years Eve playing card games (Oh Hell and Thirty-One) with my inlaws while I stuffed my face with various snacks. Judging by the way I was eating, you would never have known that we had a huge feast of prime rib and many delicious sides (all made by my mother-in-law) just hours earlier.

Sadly, the fun had to end. We came home a little heavier, a lot more tired (from bed sharing a double bed with a toddler) but a whole lot happier that we got to spend some quality time with our families. We visited my maternal grandfather, who at 84, is in good health and walks faster than I do. It made me so happy to watch him carry my little man in his arms at his age. It was also pretty amazing to realize that we had four generations under one roof!

Now that we are home, I am looking forward to trying to shed all those pounds I gained while visiting family.

This brings me to New Year resolutions.



2015 Resolutions

Here's what I have resolved to do for 2015. Do you make New Year resolutions? Why or why not? Let me know in the comments below!

Personal Resolutions
  • Spending more time with my husband, my little man and our families. This means inviting our families over to visit or traveling to visit them and being more present when we are together (ie. limiting use of electronics)
  • Hosting more get togethers with friends at our house so we can ensure our little man has safe foods
  • Eating at least 6-10 servings of vegetables and fruits daily
  • Cleaning my house on a daily basis
  • Conquering my fear of eating out with my nut-allergic little man and finding allergy-friendly/aware restaurants
  • Finding a weekly exercise class for some cardio and "me-time"

Resolutions for FrugalAllergyMom.com
  • Posting more allergy and budget-friendly meals that are tasty and quick to prepare
  • Adapting more ethnic recipes with nuts as key ingredients so it is safe for those with nut-allergies
  • Sharing tips on saving money, DIY projects and new ways to do things quicker and better (ie. deseeding a pomegranate in under 5 minutes)
  • Preparing more make ahead recipes (ie. freezer meals)
  • Creating weekly meal plans that will reduce the temptation to default to standby meals

No comments:

Post a Comment