Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

1.06.2015

Caesar with Spicy Pickled Green Beans

I never used to be a fan of tomato juice, be it Clamato or V8. On the other hand, my husband loves tomato juice and would always order it when we are out.

Then it all changed when I was pregnant with my little man. He altered my taste buds. Foods that I could not stand pre-pregnancy are now a favorite. I was devouring cilantro, tomato juice and ginger like it was going out of style. Oddly enough, to this day, I still love cilantro, tomato juice and ginger.

While shopping at Costco during the Christmas holidays, one sampling station was offering Clamato juice with spicy pickled green beans. I picked up a sample for myself and one for my husband. We both took a sip and said "Yum". It was so good that it prompted us to buy a 4-pack of Clamato juice and a large jar of spicy pickled green beans.

I know it's a little early to make this pronouncement, but I think this is my Drink of the Year. Kudos to Costco for the brilliant pairing and my little man who helped me love tomato juice.

Ingredients
Clamato juice (original)
Spicy pickled green beans
Tabasco hot sauce, to taste (optional)
Worcestershire sauce, to taste (optional)
Slice of lime 


Rimming Salt
1/4 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp kosher salt



Directions
1. Mix the kosher salt and chili powder together. Pour out a thin layer on a plate.

2. Rim a glass with lime and the kosher salt mixture.


3. Add spicy pickled green beans to a tall glass. I like mine spicy so I added 6 pickled green beans.


4. Fill the glass with Clamato juice, add a few dashes of Tabasco hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Cheers!


TIP
  • To make it a Bloody Caesar, add Vodka.

Source: Slightly adapted from Motts Clamato and Costco Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment