Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

8.08.2014

Easy Peasy Beef and Macaroni

This recipe is from my mother-in-law, who is a lovely lady and an even better cook. I make this when I have very little time but want leftovers for the next couple of days. You can scale the recipe to suit the number of servings you want.



Serves: 6 - 8
Ready in: 20-30 minutes

Ingredients
1 lb of lean ground beef
454 g package of elbow macaroni pasta
454 g bag of frozen vegetables (I used frozen mixed vegetables)
2 tsp of beef bouillon concentrate (I used Better Than Bouillon Beef Base*)
1/2 cup of hot water

Directions
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil.

2. In a large saute pan, cook the ground beef until no longer pink and drain off any fat.


 3. Add elbow macaroni pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook until al dente. Add frozen vegetables, stir and drain in a colander.

4. Add pasta and vegetables to the saute pan.

5. Mix 2 tsp of beef bouillon concentrate with 1/2 cup of hot water in a bowl and pour over the pasta mixture.

6. Stir pasta mixture until the beef bouillon mixture is coats all of the pasta and vegetables. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.


Optional
  • Serve with the hot sauce of your choice. I love adding Sriracha to my beef and macaroni. 
Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

Disclosure: *Better Than Bouillon did not compensate me to write this post. All opinions are my own. I like Better Than Bouillon products since it is MSG free and enhances the flavor of my dishes. Better Than Bouillon also offers other flavors such as chicken and vegetables. You can find this product at your local Costco or Superstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment