Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

1.28.2015

Pork Chops with Goat Cheese Gravy

Years ago, my ex-coworker Tina shared a recipe for Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Gravy. I had intended to make it with blue cheese but used goat cheese instead as my husband was not a fan of blue cheese.

A lot has changed since then. The biggest change is that my husband now loves blue cheese. Since I had leftover goat cheese (from making Roasted Beet, Goat Cheese, Arugula and Pear Salad), I thought of this recipe. It was a huge hit with both my husband and my little man. Next time, I will have to make this recipe as intended for my blue cheese loving husband.


Ingredients
2 tbsp butter
8 boneless pork chops
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup whipping cream
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
6 mushrooms, sliced

Directions
1. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. Season with black pepper and garlic powder on both sides.


2. In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.


3. Once the pan is hot, add pork chops and cook until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink. Turn the pork chops occasionally to brown. Remove pork chops and set aside on a plate.


4. Add mushrooms to the skillet and saute until it is golden brown. Set aside.


5. To the cast iron skillet, stir in the whipping cream, scraping up any bits of meat that is stuck to the pan. Stir in goat cheese and cook until the sauce thickens.


6. Add the mushrooms, pork chops and any pan juices back to the cast iron skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.


7. Serve warm over mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.

A feast for the hungry.

Source: Slightly adapted from Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment