Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

10.16.2014

Chicken Pepper Stirfry

I was all set to make Chicken Chow Mein for dinner the other night. I was cooking the chicken in the pan, julienned the bell peppers and was about to cook the chow mein noodles. In the back of my mind, I was thinking, would it not be ironic if the chow mein noodles expired since I had bought it a few weeks ago and never got around to cooking it.

So I grabbed the bag of Chow Mein noodles from the fridge, read the date and the noodles were a week past due. Crud.

What's a girl got to do? My husband offered to drive out to buy chow mein noodles but it seemed a little silly since the closest store that sells chow mein noodles is a 15 minute drive. My frugal nature insisted on making this work so I turned the meal into a Chicken Pepper Stirfry, served over rice.

Have you ever had this happen to you? When you made almost everything and realize you are one ingredient short or the ingredient expired?

Ingredients
2 tbsps vegetable oil
3 chicken breasts, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
4 bell peppers, julienned
2 tbsp soy sauce (optional)

Directions
1. In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add vegetable oil. Cook sliced chicken breasts until it is no longer pink. Remove chicken breast from the pan.


2. Add sliced onions and saute until the onions are translucent, scraping the bottom of the pan for any stuck on chicken bits.


3. Add bell peppers and saute until it is tender.


4. Add chicken breasts and soy sauce and saute until everything is incorporated.


5. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment