Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

10.20.2014

Freezing Whipping Cream

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I had a litre of whipping cream that was about to expire. I made this Creamy Tomato Sauce Pasta and still had about 625 ml of whipping cream left.

I really have to start using my whiteboard for tracking perishables again. I just can't seem to remember all these due dates anymore.

Island Farms, a Canadian owned dairy company that I love had posted a tip about freezing whipped cream a few months back. I thought I had "pinned" the tip but I cannot seem to find it on my Pinterest board at all.

The process is fairly simple. You whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form, drop dallops of whipped cream onto a parchment lined baking sheet, freeze until it is solid and place it in a Ziploc bag for later use (in hot chocolates, chai tea lattes, etc).








Ingredients

Leftover whipping cream

Directions
1. In a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the whipping cream over medium speed for 5 minutes until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat the cream.


2. Using a spoon or piping bag (if you want to be fancy), drop whipped cream by the spoonful onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.


3. Freeze for at least 3 hours (cover with plastic wrap on top). Place in freezer bags. Use within a month for best results.


Ideas
  • Top off homemade waffles with whipped cream:


No comments:

Post a Comment