Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

3.28.2015

Bacon and Egg Potato Salad

I love potato salads. I cannot resist eating potato salads at parties, buffets or restaurants. With that love of potato salads, I have tried my fair share: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

But my favorite potato salad is this recipe I came up with on my own. It is lightly dressed with mayonnaise, loaded with crispy bacon, creamy egg, crunchy celery, and tangy pickles. This is the best potato salad I have ever had and made. It is so addictive that both my husband and I went back for second helpings. And maybe a third helping too.


Ingredients
10 medium red skinned potatoes, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
3 slices of cooked bacon strips, cut into strips
3 dill pickles, small dice
3 celery stalks, small dice
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions
1. In a large pot over high heat, add potatoes and cover with at least 1 inch of cold water. Once the pot comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and allow the potatoes to cool slightly. Do not overcook.


2. Mix potatoes, hard boiled eggs, dill pickles, celery, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and black pepper in a large bowl or container.


3. Top with bacon strips. Serve immediately or chilled.


Source: Frugal Allergy Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment