Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

3.15.2015

Frugal Living: $150 Monthly Grocery* Challenge Week 3

At the beginning of the month, I gave myself a challenge to feed my family of 3 on a $150 grocery and dining out budget for March.

Having a tight grocery budget has been great at keeping me from those impulse purchases, especially at Costco. I have found myself seeking out smaller ethnic grocery stores for produce as it can be cheaper (and fresher) than conventional grocery stores. Since the goal is to save money, I have also tried to time my grocery shopping with other errands in an effort to save gas.

My purchases from March 9 to March 15 total $31.09 (after $0.25 Checkout 51 cash back on Pineapple). The breakdown for my purchases are as follows:

Produce: $17.33
Grocery: $4.52
Milk: $9.24


Total balance remaining is $41.77 with 16 days to go! To be honest, I am a little scared that I might not have enough money at the end of the month. Stay tuned!

Every quarter counts when you have a grocery budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment