Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

11.30.2014

5 Ingredient Alfredo Sauce

This is the simplest Alfredo recipe I have ever made. Just to warn you, this is not diet food. There is something about Winter that makes me crave comfort foods, like creamy pastas. Actually, let me be honest: I crave comfort foods all year round. :)

I normally love pre-made sauces, including Alfredo. However, a small 410 ml (14 oz) bottle costs $2 and serves two in my household (the suggested serving size is 4). A quick search on Allrecipes yielded this delicious Alfredo sauce: rich and creamy. This is the Alfredo sauce that will make you want to lick your bowl clean. So if you are on a diet, consider this a cheat day. I would highly recommend doubling the recipe so you can get a second helping.

Add in some cooked chicken and you have the four food groups. Parsley is a vegetable right?

Ingredients
3 tbsp butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1-1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.

2. Add cream. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.


3. Add in garlic and Parmesan and whisk quickly, making sure the Parmesan is thoroughly incorporated.


4. Stir in parsley and serve. 

I would recommend serving this with a nice crusty loaf of bread (recipe here)

Source: Slightly adapted from Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment