Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

12.01.2014

Cold Remedy: Lemon Ginger Honey Drink (Free of Top 8 Allergens)

I moved to Vancouver after graduating from university. It was my first time living on my own. I ate out, slept late and did not take care of my health. As a result, I was constantly getting sick. One of my coworkers was into natural remedies and told me about this Lemon Ginger Honey drink that helps fight off colds.

It has been over a decade since I first had this warm soothing drink. Lemon Ginger Honey is a healthier and cheaper alternative to NeoCitran as the ingredients are found in most households.

The ratio of ingredients below are suggestions only. Add more honey if you like it sweeter, more lemon if you prefer it tangier and more ginger if you like it spicier.


Ingredients
1 knob of ginger the size of your thumb, skin peeled
1/2 lemon
1 tbsp honey
250 ml boiling water


Directions
1. Grate ginger on a micro-plane grater into an empty mug. You can also finely chop the ginger with a knife, reserving any juices.

2. Juice half a lemon into the same mug.

3. Add honey and boiling water. Stir until the ingredients are all mixed.


4. Allow the drink to steep for a few minutes before drinking. You can also use a sieve to filter out the ginger pieces.


5. Serve hot. Repeat as necessary.

Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment