Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

12.16.2014

Baked Blue Cheese Dip

There are some things people either love or love to hate. Blue cheese seems to be one of those things that you either love or hate. There really is no middle ground.

Years back, I wanted to try a recipe for a pan seared pork chop with blue cheese sauce, my husband whined lobbied me to not make it with blue cheese. This was because my husband used to hate blue cheese. So instead, I substituted in goat cheese. It was delicious but I thought it would have been even better with blue cheese.

Then, two years ago, while we were in Paris (on our honeymoon 4 years after we got married; this is a story for another time), we ordered a cheese platter as part of dessert. The platter of cheese included blue cheese, which I was fully prepared to eat all on my own. To my surprise, my husband asked if he could try some of the blue cheese out of the blue. I was so happy he wanted to try it, that was until he proceeded to gobble most of the blue cheese!

Since then, my husband has been a blue cheese fanatic. He can eat chunks of blue cheese on its own, smothers his steaks with blue cheese just to name a couple things.

After putting the little man to bed one night, we rushed to the kitchen to make a snack. My husband whipped up a baked blue cheese dip. Folks, this dip is amazing!! Oh my goodness. I think this dip could easily convert any blue cheese hater to a blue cheese lover. For those of you who are apprehensive about making this blue cheese dip, it has a mild hint of blue cheese thanks to the cream cheese and mayonnaise. This dip is genuinely delicious, a little too good that we wound up making it two nights in a row!

This dip will be a great addition to your holiday gatherings!

Ingredients
1/3 cup blue cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cream cheese (about 1/2 block of 226 g)
1 sprig of green onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely minced

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Mix all the ingredients in an oven proof bowl.


3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the dip is bubbly. Serve warm with crudites or with sturdy crackers.

Help, I've fallen and I can't get out. Eat me!

Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment