Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

12.28.2014

Wonderful Waffles

Breakfasts are my husband's forte. Since we cook all of our meals at home now, this can be tiring for one person. I am extremely lucky that my husband takes over making breakfasts on the weekends, making delicious food worth getting up for!

As it is the custom, every Saturday my husband makes breakfast and feeds the little man some food to tide him over until breakfast time. I got up one Saturday and my husband decided to surprise me with homemade waffles. He knows I am a sucker for waffles, especially ones with whipped cream and raspberries on top. These waffles were golden and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I definitely felt special while eating these pancakes.

After a busy week of Christmas gatherings with family, my husband looked like he needed to be relieved from breakfast duties. So I took over and made him the same waffles he had made me weeks earlier. I topped my waffles with Cranberry Blueberry Sauce and fresh whipped cream. These waffles are definitely a wonderful way to start the day.


Makes: 10 large waffles

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp white sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups warm milk (heat for 45 to 60 seconds in the microwave)
1/3 cup butter, melted (defrost on quick setting in the microwave)
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.


2. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.


3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla.


4. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until the flour is just incorporated.


5. Using a measuring cup, pour 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of the batter into the preheated waffle iron.


6. Cook the waffles until it is golden and crisp (about 8 minutes in my waffle maker).


7. Top with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Serve immediately.


Source: Slightly adapted Allrecipes

TIP
  • If you have any leftover waffles, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminium foil. To cook the waffles from frozen, pop the waffles into your toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment