Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

12.03.2014

Sauteed Spinach and Chickpeas Recipe (Free of Top 8 Allergens)

2009 was a busy year for me. I was working full time and enrolled in a professional accounting program to become a designated accountant. On top of that, I was a newly-wed whose husband travelled for work to Europe or California at least one week every month. Between working and studying, I did not have a lot of energy or desire to cook, especially if my husband was out of town.

In my downtime, I spent a lot of time reading other people's food blogs. I was living vicariously through their culinary adventures. At the same time, I was also looking for recipes that were quick and healthy. I came across Shauna's recipe (aka Gluten-Free Girl) for Spinach and Chickpeas. Clearly, this was a recipe that was calling my name.

To make this a full meal, I love add a poached or pan-fried egg.

Hot sauce is highly recommended. Unless you are feeding kiddos, then skip it.

Serves: 1 (as a main course) or 3 (as a side)

Ingredients
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can (15.5 oz or 439 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 bag of baby spinach, washed
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. In a large pan with a lid over medium high heat, add olive oil and minced garlic. Saute until the garlic is fragrant (30 seconds).


2. Add chickpeas and saute for 1 minute.


3. Add spinach and cover with a lid. Simmer covered for 3 to 5 minutes until the spinach starts to wilt.


4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.


Source: Gluten-Free Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment