Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

10.22.2014

Chicken Spinach Tortellini Pasta

I had bought a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts when it went on sale for $3.99/lb. I usually buy the bone-in chicken breasts with skin for $2.99/lb but with our increasingly busy schedule, I thought better of it and bought the boneless variety.

I had tortellini pasta and spinach in my fridge which also needed to be used up so I came up with this delicious recipe.

Ingredients
2 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cut up into bite sized pieces
1 pound baby spinach, washed and dried
1 package (500 g) fresh tortellini pasta
1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

Directions
1. In a large pan over medium heat, cook chicken breasts in olive oil until it is no longer pink. Set aside.


2. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions. Drain; do not rinse.


3. Add baby spinach to the pan until the spinach reduces in size.


4. Add in chicken, tortellini, Parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper. Stir until combined.


Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment