Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook

10.27.2014

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Brussels sprouts are one of those vegetables people either love or hate. The way my family had always prepared brussels sprouts was to boil it. This resulted in mushy and bitter brussels sprouts that made eating them very unappealing. I dreaded eating brussels sprouts.

Brussels sprouts had a reinvention years ago when a genius (I don't know who you are but if I ever find out, I will repay you with bushels of brussels sprouts) roasted brussels sprouts in olive oil which made this vegetable shine. The food blogs were all over this new and hip way to eat brussels sprouts.

I am happy to report that I now love brussels sprouts and have made it my mission to convert others with this roasted brussels sprouts recipe. If you are not a fan of brussels sprouts, allow me to change your mind as well.

Ingredients
1-1/2 lbs brussels sprouts, stem removed and washed
Olive oil
Sea salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. At the stem of each brussels sprout, make two cuts to make an X.

3. In a bowl, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil until it is coated.

4. On an aluminum lined rimmed baking sheet, spread out the brussels sprouts.

5. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes until the brussels sprouts are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.


6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.



Source: Frugal Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment